Transfer songs and files from laptop to smart phone using wifi
Hello, how would you transfer files between laptop and your phone? I’m pretty sure that you are thinking right now about a transferring cable, it is either micro usb or a modern one, usb type c. You are not wrong, but how about If you don’t have a cable with you. How do you do? Some people will say about some solutions such as using a multiple-purpose usb or uploading all the files to a could one laptop or phone then download it using another device. A versatile usb is your good choice, but do you have one?
Using an online cloud to download and upload files
The next solution about using a cloud, a big yes from me. Yes, it will take times of you because of the very slow internet connection in the Philippines. You say that your download speed is fast because you Fiber with high payment plan. I would say that you should now check your internet upload speed since the files that you are going to transfer must be uploaded to the cloud before you can download it back. Now a ever best solution that I’m going to show you in this post is transferring songs and files from laptop to your smart phone using wifi.
It is free, easy and flexible when you transfer files using wifi
You all know that you can transfer files between 2 phones or two laptops using windows 10 through wifi. There is an official function that is designed on your phone or your laptop, you can use it right away. For between phone and laptop or desktop, you can carefully read my instructions to know how to do it well. Your phone is either Android or IOS phone, the both are done by doing similar things. I’m using an Android phone. Here are my instructions:
1. If you using an Android phone go to Google play and search “FTP server” then install it. You can go directly right here, it is a free version.
2. You open the app after installed it. You will see some ads on this free one, but is fine. There is no limitation.
You now go to Users tab to setup a server user and it’s configuration.
Fill-up all the details, the username and password will be used later on your computer.
* Remember ,the access path should be set. Click Add new then at the top of your left hand, you can choose either your phone memory or an external storage SD card inserted on your phone. It is the place which will be used to display all the files and it’s folders later on your computer laptop.
3. Open the Home tab on the app and click START to let your server running. All details which will be used are display there.
4. Now on your laptop or computer at home. You go to download and install this WINScp Server.
You also can use another one such as Mozilla filezilla here if you use another platform such as Macos, Linux Ubuntu… WINScp only supports Windows OS. Boths are free.
5. Now open the WINScp or Mozilla filezilla and enter the server detail which is now running on your phone. You now choose file protocol “FTP” The username and password which are set by you at the step number 2.
The ip address and port show at the top of your ftp server app if you already start it.
The IP address is 192.168.10.106 and the port is the number after the colon sign. In this case, it is 2121.
Click connect and you will see all the phone folders are display there on your laptop. You now can go to a folder and either choose a files or multiple files, right click then choose download to transfer files from phone to your laptop.
Tips to use FTP server on your phone
You also can transfer file from laptop to your phone by go to your laptop folder where files are saved, right click then choose upload. The destination for both are the current file path where the files will save there.
Good luck to you!